Is procrastination running your life? Do you have that long laundry list of things you want to achieve that never seems to get done? Here are a few tips on how to get off the proverbial hamster wheel…
- Are you biting off more than you can chew?
- Don’t chow down on your tasks, make a to-do list and work your way through it one bite at a time
- Will your task take less than 10 minutes?
- Get on it already! Devote the next 600 seconds to diligent work, and enjoy the peace of mind afterward.
- Are you waiting for the perfect time, place, or lunar phase?
- Guess what? It’s never going to happen. Done is better than perfect and there will never be a better time than now. The longer you wait the more stuff piles up.
- Is there someone you can share your tasks/goals with?
- Tell them. You are less likely to disappoint others with your lack of progress than to disappoint yourself so share away!
- Are you subconsciously afraid of uncertainty or change?
- Ask yourself this: would you be satisfied if, in a year’s time, your tasks/goals were identical to where they are today? Most likely not. Now is the time to get out of the starting gate and attempt the finish line.
We all have barriers to change and progress but staying still and complacent leads to stagnancy. Nothing changes because nothing changes. Stop the procrastination by taking a stab at each and every task you set up. You’ll find that the finish line is closer than you think and therein lies a new freedom to show up for your life.